Product Description :
- Contains hydrocolloid technology to effectively help treat the cold sore
- Patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.
- Available in packs of 15 patches
*provides a protective barrier to enable fast, effective healing
Appropriate for all ages
Directions for Use :
- Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak.
- When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed.
- Patches should be used 24 hours a day.
- On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.
CAUTIONS : Do not use inside the mouth, on mucous tissue or to treat genital herpes. Consult your pharmacist or doctor if the cold sore becomes severe and/or an outbreak lasts unusually long.
Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
How to Apply
Wash hands. Ensure skin is clean and dry. Do not use in combination with cream as the patch may no longer stick to the lesion to provide full treatment benefits.
Remove applicator from wrapper and hold ends using both hands.
Gently pull each end of applicator, following the arrows, until adhesive side is half-exposed. Take care not to touch the adhesive side of the patch.
Gently press the half-exposed part of the patch with a finger to firmly place over the cold sore.
Slowly pull end of applicator down and away from the skin in a smooth rolling motion until the patch slips from the applicator. Make-up or lipstick can be applied over the patch. Wash your hands after application.
If the patch stays on, do not remove or change it. When the patch starts to detach, a new one should replace it. Remove the patch by stretching it along the skin (as opposed to pulling it away). Do not reuse patch to avoid infection of the wound and spreading of the virus.