Help reduce the risk of skin infection and speed healing with proper cleansing and application of a topical antibiotic such as POLYSPORIN® Antibiotic Ointment, and a sterile bandage, such as a BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandage.
Signs of Infection:
- Any discharge (pus/greenish fluid) draining from scrape
- Signs of pain or tenderness
- Fever of 37.8°C or higher
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpit or groin
- Warmth around the infected area
- Red streaks extending from the infected area
Wash away dirt and germs: Thoroughly flush and clean the affected area with mild soap and water or an antiseptic wash and allow drying.
Avoid Infection: Apply POLYSPORIN® Antibiotic Ointment or Cream to the affected area one to three times daily until healed to help prevent infection and keep wound moist to decrease scarring.
Cover for faster healing: Cover the affected area with a sterile bandage or dressing, such as BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandage, and keep it covered until the wound is completely healed. This protects the wound from dirt and germs that can cause infection, thereby helping to promote faster healing.